Wednesday, July 15, 2009

photo boof

So Maureen and I want to have a photobooth at our wedding. After browsing some wedding websites, we decided that this photobooth would be best DIY. I mean, we had most of the necessary equipment, i.e. camera and tripod, and photobooth rentals would put a significant strain on our budget. I had found photobooth software that pairs itself with Mo's DSLR, and it offered a free 15day trial! That means I can download it 14 days before the wedding and test it out and then use it day of! Fantastic! I also found out a nifty trick by which you could turn a cell phone headset into a remote shutter button. We were all set....or so we thought.

When I tried to put the software together with the remote shutter, plugging camera into the computer for some reason disables the shutter button and pictures can only be taken from the computer....bummer. So that leaves us with two options:

1. Use the remote shutter and pair the camera with a TV display (if possible) and just take a simple picture.

OR

2. Use the software and have some poor soul run to the computer to click the shutter and run back into position. Which will result a more customizable photograph in the end (e.g. multiple pictures, strips, backgrounds and titles).

decisions...decisions...

1 comment:

  1. should this task become too daunting for you guys, Andrew and I have a photobooth company, let me know if you are interested...

    ReplyDelete