Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Register me excited!


Hello everyone! I know Maureen has already posted on the registry, but the registry is an ongoing process. And unfortunately, you don't have the groom's perspective. . . yet. Registering has definitely been the most exciting part of wedding planning so far. The reason being that while we were doing the registry, I wasn't only thinking about the wedding but also the impending marriage. Registering for kitchen tools and gadgets made me think about the weekends that we would spend cooking all sorts of goodness. Oh. . . goodness. . .

Researching for quality appliances and equipment is also fun. Signing up for Cooks Illustrated one day pass, looking through consumer search and reading Amazon reviews are very helpful and exciting. It is at this time that I have to confess to my buying habits. Most of the time, it takes me a while to buy something, because I will want to have done at least some research or if it is a tangible object in a store. . . I will pick it up and play with it. This is the most difficult part of shopping for me. But with registering, life is so much easier because I don't spend 5 hours pacing debating on whether I have the money or should spend the money, because one of our guests will have that opportunity *wink*. What I can do is research the heck out of that vacuum so that when someone buys it for us, it'll be the best darn vacuum that will last forever. (FYI: whoever gets us that vacuum may become my new BFF forever).

I'm also excited about moving back to California. And like Maureen, I'm also sad. It's weird, and I'm sure Maureen feels the same way, but I already miss her and I think I will keep missing her until she graduates in May. Four months is not that long of a time, technology will help us communicate in ways we couldn't in the past, but still.

Anyway, that's it from me for now, see you in two to three months. hahah just kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment