Monday, April 13, 2009

Have Your Cake

Victor and I have been talking about alternatives to the $900-is-cheap wedding cake, and one of the ideas that I've had brewing in my mind since I took my first couple bites of one, is actually having people help us out by baking like, 300 cupcakes.

OKAY yes, I know that sounds ridiculous and insane, but I don't see what would be sooo utterly impossible about it. Most of the challenge would probably come from one of two areas: 1) Finding and making a recipe that would put out a cake that is still pleasant and delicious a day or two after the initial baking, and 2) Transporting the monstrosity of it all.

I wouldn't fuss too much about the perfection of the decoration, mainly because, well, I have Leslie Wang on my side. harhar. Aside from that though, I think a quick swirl of frosting finished with a cute M&M topper (custom-made) is, right now, perfection in my mind. I've sort of been looking up products, such as paper cake boxes, and cupcake stands to see just what my savings could be, assuming the kitchen (and the products) do not become utter disasters come the week of the wedding. While exploring, I discovered THIS.

Okay, please, look at that beast. ISN'T IT ADORABLE! I want one now just to bake one. AND WHAT A PERFECT TOPPER FOR OUR MOUND OF CUPCAKES. Williams-Sonoma is so fun. Too bad it's ridiculously expensive.

In any case, I hate how all the research I've been doing basically says the same thing: Everyone milks weddings for their money. Well, I refuse to let someone take advantage of me, and I also refuse to let someone else just waltz off with the down-payment of my first house (or, at least, part of it) by manipulating me and saying that it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to... become poor?

Okay, I've got a midterm tomorrow and a final on Wednesday that I probably should have been studying for while I was researching this. In any case, if anybody's gonna be in the Bay Area next summer and wouldn't mind being on my ML team (for, manual labor), notify me and I will definitely abuse our friendship in the kindest of ways. In any case, I'm off to have some banana pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment