Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Visually Delicious

So this past, beautifully sunny (though semi-windy) Sunday, Victor and I trekked down towards East Central Park and met up with our engagement photographer who offered two of her hours to us for free (yes, completely, 100% free). I just grabbed the CD that she promptly sent to me from my mailbox, and I am happily flipping through them all and analyzing all of my minute flaws. Half jaykay, they are really beautiful. It was so fortunate that we went on a day that was neither glaringly bright nor dismally gray. I tried uploading a few onto the blog here, but the quality was disappointingly poor. So, of course, I turn to my trusty, dusty winkflash account, but also find it falling tragically short of my expectations. Finally, I trudge over to flickr, which I sort of have been avoiding for unknown reasons other than the fact that SO MANY people seem to have it (though, now that I think about it, they're all the ones with DSLR's... hrmm...) As I am speaking, a few select photos are uploading, and by the end of the post I am sure they will be ready for viewing :)

Why upload so few, you may ask? I personally kind of like an element of surprise and secrecy when it comes to the big day. I don't want to reveal too many images for now simply because I don't know if I'll be placing some of these on thank-you cards, save-the-dates, or maybe just printing them out for people. If I do, I don't want people to think that they can toss my hard-spent six cents simply because they're all online. I want people to actually cherish the paper copy that I choose to give to them. Selfish and silly? Oh, very much so.

I see on the tab that the flickr upload is 100% complete, so here I will offer you a taste of our beautiful faces and leave you all begging for more :)

2 comments:

  1. your photos are soooooooooo cuteeeee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. as the official maid of honor, I have bookmarked your site :]

    ReplyDelete