Sunday, May 10, 2009

The First...


of many disappointments that I am sure are to come in this wedding planning. I was browsing through some photos and ideas about weddings, and I stumbled across this cake stand that I, for some really odd, unknown reason, just about FELL IN LOVE WITH. I've really been getting attached to the idea of having home-baked cupcakes with the help of friends, and I wanted to have a nice way of displaying them that wasn't as cluttered and squishy as some of the other images that I've seen. The cupcakes in those cases were cute, yes, but they were also kind of... busy. I can't quite explain what I mean.

And the worst part of it was that I was okay with that busy-ness because I hadn't really seen anything that made it look better. And then I saw THAT picture over there on the right. Immediately, my mind yelled [GASP]. It was my cupcake stand. LOOK AT IT. It's all tight and cute and together, and it's definitely still got a lively fun to its flair, but the air and space just in between the three layers, and the little satellite dishes over on the side let it have more of a classy touch to it all, it was SO PERFECT.

But when I searched online, I COULDN'T FIND IT. I had just this photo to go off of, and it took me a good hour and a half of avid searching online to finally discover its beautiful name: the Wilton Garden Cake Stand. So now, I pop this into google search, and it leads me to Bed, Bath and Beyond. Hooray! I think. Unbenownst to me at that moment, in 5 minutes I would be utterly frustrated and depressed because they DO NOT manufacture that cake stand anymore.

At this point in time, I have scoured every single possible place I can think of, from ebay to craigslist to google shopping to simply typing in a "used" at the end of the name, all in an effort to find my cupcakes their home. But alas, I have come to this blog empty handed. Le sigh. And to add insult to injury, I find out that, because it's made of all iron (look, quality!), it also has a horrifying price tag: $169.99. Makes that thirty dollar giant cupcake pan seem like something you'd get at a thrift store.

So that is the end of that adventure. I figure I'll still be able to find something that can replicate its classy touch without shelling out a heart attack. However! If any of you somehow stumble across it used and at a more reasonable price (say, preferably under 100 freaking dollars), I'd be glad to know about it. And again.. le sigh.

2 comments:

  1. hmmmm maybe someone who is super handy with making stuff can MAKE it. then itd be less expensive and super personalized :))? -qq (maybe ill take up a new hobby this summer!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT WAS MY IDEA!

    ReplyDelete